Polls for possible adaptations to the level design contests.

Started by IchoTolot, September 12, 2024, 04:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IchoTolot

QuoteNow, buckets for different rules won't merge. Should the author commit the two-rule-satisfying level to only one rule? Can the author submit the level to both rules? If we want to forbid this: Can the author submit variants of the level that differ only minimally? How big a difference is enough?

My first hunch is to allow the same level to enter both rules and possibly win both. It's boring but clear, it leaves no room for arguments.

It can be quite easy to make a level for multiple rules. Especially if one rule is to simply use a certain tileset. They still merge for the final round.

Until now the author could choose for themselves to which rule the level should count towards.

I would be against letting a level enter in multiple rules. It just feels wrong to me to have a level be voted on in multiple brackets and possibly win and move on more than once.
Also I have a feeling that this will be abused and we get a lot of double-rule entries in the future.

I would still suggest to let the author decide to which rule the level should count towards.

QuoteCan the author submit variants of the level that differ only minimally? How big a difference is enough?

This I would catch and prevent during the submission phase. In terms of how big of a difference is enough - It needs to be a completely different level and not just a modification.