[SLX] 2.8-RC ready for testing - volunteers?

Started by WillLem, September 04, 2024, 08:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillLem

SuperLemmix 2.8 is now ready for testing! :lemcat:

Here's a rundown of the main features, there are a number of other bugfixes and tweaks but this is the stuff I'd like to concentrate on for the RC phase:

2.8 RC Feature Focus
Playback Mode - probably SuperLemmix's biggest feature to date. This can automatically play back batches of replays in a number of different modes. This one will need more testing than I've done, most likely.

Rivals - levels can now contain both regular and "rival" lemmings, which must use their own exit. I haven't yet finished the level pack for this feature, chances are I'll just add a couple of levels to the Welcome pack. I've included a (very basic) level in the RC to show how the feature works.

Hi-res Only Panel - the skill panel is now always hi-res, regardless of setting - this may need more thorough testing than I've done so far!

Panel Hints - all panel buttons now have hints, switchable on and off via config.

Replay Manager - Mass Replay Check has now been renamed "Replay Manager" and can sort replays a bit more comprehensively than before, particularly when it comes to renaming.

Amiga Theme - there is now a switchable "Amiga Theme" which basically applies an Amiga-style skin to all menus, panel, etc. It's more or less finished, might need a bit of tweaking.

Fade In - menu screens now Fade In as well as Out.

Styles - the orig and ohno styles have been updated for exit positions and a few other tweaks.

Editor -
+ Added button and min/max numeric limiters for Random Skillset
+ Added button for Set All Skills To Zero
+ Editor can now add skill flag icons to hatches, lems and exits!
+ Rivals support implemented

Please let me know if you'd like to be involved with taking a look at the RC and I'll PM you a copy.