UK Forum Meetup Sat, Oct 26, 2024 around Manchester/Leeds, Simon visits the UK

Started by Simon, August 29, 2024, 02:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

Hi,

This October, I'll visit the UK.

I'll be up for a forum meetup on Saturday, October 26th, 2024 around the area of Manchester or Leeds.

There is nothing specific planned yet for that Saturday, October 26th. I'm staying with WillLem. I expect WillLem or Flopsy to pipe up here soon, but I'm sure others from the UK have good ideas, too. Where should we meet? One loose idea is to meet in Leeds where the UK forumers met in August 2023; after all, many of you had the chance to come together there.

I have the Sunday, October 27th, free, too, and will fly back to Germany on the following Monday. I believe the Saturday is easier for whoever can spend only a single day, therefore I'm proposing to meet on Saturday and keep the Sunday as an optional second day.

Edit after Flopsy's 1st reply: Reason for why I am in the UK in the first place: WillLem, Flopsy, and I will take a road trip to Dundee, to see the Lemmings statue and the DMA office. The meetup on Sat, Oct 26th is after we return; we'll then be back in the Manchester/Leeds area.

-- Simon

Flopsy

Been looking forward to the day Simon finally comes to the UK to meet up with us since he teased it last year when we had the last meetup! :lix-mouth:

I suggested to Simon that using the same meetup place (Leeds) as last time would be easier for those who came to the last meetup to be able to come again. I also suggested that due to a large amount of people coming to Leeds on the train, that Saturday 26th Oct would be preferable to Sunday 27th Oct for that reason.
So if we follow the same format as the previous meetup, we'll be meeting up at Leeds Train Station again most likely (we met up around 11am last time, gives people time to travel).

Props to WillLem for accomodating Simon as well. It's going to be a great week!

Should probably add that myself, Simon and WillLem (possibly Lucia as well) are also taking a trip to Dundee (and the Lemmings statues) during the week leading up to the weekend of this meetup. The meetup is planned for the days after we return from this trip.

Most importantly, who is interested in meeting up with me, WillLem and Simon on Sat 26th Oct?
We're also open to other suggestions :thumbsup:

EDIT:
Lineup so far

Simon
WillLem
Flopsy
Proxima
Kingshadow
tan x dx

Proxima

Kingshadow3

Simon

Thanks for the quick feedback. Looking forward to seeing you all!

I'll post as soon as we have more info.

-- Simon