Error when downloading attachments in forum PMs

Started by Flopsy, August 28, 2024, 03:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flopsy

Whenever I'm downloading forum PM attached files at the moment I'm getting the following error on a new page

"Call to undefined function create_function()"

I have tested attachments attached to actual public forum messages and they are downloading fine so it only seems to be limited to PM message attachments.

Silken Healer

I just PM'd myself an example attachment to test it and it dont work either so probably not juts you then

namida

This is likely an incompatibility between the PM attachments extension and the newer versions of PHP. Guess I'll need to drop us back to an older version for now...

EDIT: Confirmed. It's the result of a function that was already deprecated in PHP7, and was outright removed in PHP8. I've bumped the version back as a temporary workaround, and will try to manually adjust the code to be compatible with newer versions.
My projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)
Non-Lemmings: Commander Keen: Galaxy Reimagined (a Commander Keen fangame)

namida

I've now modified the PM attachment code to work correctly on PHP 8.3 (and thus set the site back to using it).
My projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)
Non-Lemmings: Commander Keen: Galaxy Reimagined (a Commander Keen fangame)

Flopsy

I'm still getting the same error message.

I have tried logging out and back in, loading the site in a new window and it's still happening. The attachments are .zip files