Convert to single-player button

Started by Silken Healer, August 23, 2024, 08:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silken Healer

I like practicing Lix in single-player. Is it possible to add a button that will delete every exit and entrace other than the first one and set the players to one and save it as a new level automatically?

Simon

What problems do you see with solobattle?

Solobattle is when you play a multiplayer map from the singleplayer browser. You control every team. You should be able to ignore all teams but one.

-- Simon

Silken Healer

No fall ruler, as you know, and also no button that reveals your exit.

Simon

Yeah, prod me from time to time to add those. Those are useful bugfixes on their own.

Your frequent practice is another argument for them.

-- Simon

Silken Healer

Quote from: Simon on August 23, 2024, 08:50:10 PM
You should be able to ignore all teams but one.

Also, this will not always be the case, one example is "28"

Silken Healer

In the time being, I've noticed some more differnces between solobattle and single-player:

• Timed bombers (or lackthereof)
  • Hearing every team sounds (can give you a headache if it's a level where the other teams immediatley die if they do nothing)
  • Can't acsess clear physics mode

Simon

Quote from: Silken Healer on August 25, 2024, 07:55:45 PM
differnces between solobattle and single-player:
Timed bombers (or lackthereof)

Sure, battle physics have the timed exploders/imploders, puzzle physics don't. Or what do you expect?

QuoteHearing every team sounds (can give you a headache if it's a level where the other teams immediatley die if they do nothing)

Yes, known bug: Play assignment sounds only for local tribe, not all tribes, in multiplayer replay

I'll take this as a prod to fix that sound bug.

QuoteCan't acsess clear physics mode

Yes, because splat ruler and trigger areas are on the same button. I'll take this as another prod to fix the UI in solobattle.

-- Simon

Silken Healer

Quote from: Simon on August 25, 2024, 10:28:42 PM
Quote from: Silken Healer on August 25, 2024, 07:55:45 PM
differnces between solobattle and single-player:
Timed bombers (or lackthereof)

Sure, battle physics have the timed exploders/imploders, puzzle physics don't. Or what do you expect?
The ability to turn on timed bombers in single-player for practice.

Yes, known bug: Play assignment sounds only for local tribe, not all tribes, in multiplayer replay

I'll take this as a prod to fix that sound bug.
That wasn't meant to be what you call a "prod," it's a seperate bug because that topic is about replays and this is about solo battle.

QuoteCan't acsess clear physics mode

Yes, because splat ruler and trigger areas are on the same button. I'll take this as another prod to fix the UI in solobattle.

-- Simon
I had a feeling that it might be because of the UI, but I wanted to make this topic a comprehsnive list of the differences