11 Lemmings

Started by The64Watcher, July 30, 2024, 02:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The64Watcher

This is actually a simple game, there are 11 lemmings, and there are enviormental hazards that the lemmings will face remember, some look like fortunes, but think and say "hmmmm..." and the goal is to write what you see is wrong how you would save all 11 lemmings in a list, then, if there a player above you, explain how their system is wrong.

1 - 1 is trapped under a shipwreck cargo reach burying him, the high pressure forces the cargo chocalate bits down his mouth, but crunched just enough the chocolate bits to not cause choking, but big enough what the internal volume is hollow, allowing air to get in.
2 - 2 has decided to crunch on the pebbles on a railway. with moving trains.
3 - 3 is in a flood
4 - 4 is on a random raft on neptune, yes, with out air, just chillin on neptune.
5 - 5 is stuck on an island away from any shore
6 - 6 is trapped in a dunk tank
7 - 7 is uhh, near an active volcano (im running out of ideas
8 - 8 is in a fire
9 - 9 has made the fatal mistake of trying to sigh read dash, then wanted juice, but blind, detected a light and pause, its a car.
10 - 10 is falling from the empire state building
11 - 11 is next to a boom boom orb
i am the best rec roomie in the forums yall

namida

Quote7 - 7 is uhh, near an active volcano (im running out of ideas

And here's part of the problem with your content - be it game projects, mods, or topics like this one. You're sitting down and thinking "I want to make something". Then you take the first idea that pops into your head, and commit to it and run with it, just making up any missing details as you go. Take this for example - why 11, if you didn't have 11 ideas in mind already? Did you pick this number and decide you're going with it no matter what; is it an obscure reference that other people aren't going to get?

If you just feel like you want to "make something" and don't really know where you're going with it - then perhaps toss the idea around a bit, work on it privately, and wait until you've come up with something a bit more solid before you post it. Even if your idea is "just try everything until something works" - that's not a good plan, because eventually people will stop even looking at your ideas (if you're familiar with "The Boy Who Cried Wolf", think of it as like that, except about poor-quality content rather than about lies), so when you do finally hit a good one, no one will notice.

I'm not saying this to attack you. I'm saying this because I used to think / act exactly like what I see from you now, and realising this was not the way to go about things was a huge factor in moving from "that annoying person who always throws out a bunch of ideas that never go anywhere" to, well, actually having good quality content that is widely enjoyed by the community. That doesn't mean that I never have a "miss" either; it just means that I catch most of my "misses" before they ever go public.
My projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)
Non-Lemmings: Commander Keen: Galaxy Reimagined (a Commander Keen fangame)

The64Watcher

i just like cool patterns like multiples of eleven :(
i am the best rec roomie in the forums yall