Author Topic: Lix Multiplayer Session - Sunday 18th August 5pm UTC  (Read 3048 times)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
Lix Multiplayer Session - Sunday 18th August 5pm UTC
« on: July 23, 2024, 09:07:13 pm »
It's time for another multiplayer session, it's been a month since the last one.

We've got Sunday 18th August as the date this time at 5pm UTC (6pm UK time, 7pm in Germany)

Everyone is welcome as always, even if you've not played with us before. We voice chat on the Mumble voice chat client
https://www.mumble.info/ < which can be downloaded at this link.
You don't have to voice chat yourselves but you won't be able to hear us without the Mumble client.

The Lix Mumble server info can be obtained by private messaging either myself or Simon.

You are welcome to bring multiplayer maps for us to play and test out also.

(Unfortunately because of mine and Simon's schedule, we couldn't arrange a session until Sunday 18th August.)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix Multiplayer Session - Sunday 18th August 5pm UTC
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2024, 11:08:51 am »
Sunday, August 18 is good, I'll play!

-- Simon

Offline Blitz

• Lix Level Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2024, 01:13:52 pm »
I come
Blitzing Lix See ya later

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2024, 10:16:21 pm »
Just a reminder that we are still playing Lix this Sunday :lix-laugh:

Offline Silken Healer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2024, 03:12:21 pm »
I'll attend.

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2024, 10:44:59 pm »
Sorry I missed this, I'd like to make the next one whenever it happens.

Offline Silken Healer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2024, 10:47:49 pm »
Sponatenous spur-of-the-moment two-player (well, there's nothing stopping anyone else from joining in, but normally outside the forum organized sessions only one person is not busy at a time) games happen on the Lix IRC channel a lot. I'd be happy to play some Lix with you outside of the forums session.

Offline Silken Healer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2024, 11:01:04 pm »
In fact, would you like to play right now?

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2024, 11:13:38 pm »
Next session has been agreed to be Sunday 29th September already (I usually arrange it on a day that myself and Simon are available), I'll put a separate thread up closer to the time.

Would be great to have you playing again WillLem :thumbsup:

Offline Silken Healer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2024, 11:18:16 pm »
By the way, can only you organize sessions or can anyone oragnize sessions? It seems to only be you that organizes a session, but there's nothing that says anyone can.  When I looked back on the old topics in this board, lots of people have organized sessions. Maybe I could organize some sessions, as sometimes several months go by without a session.

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2024, 11:25:04 pm »
There is nothing stopping anyone from arranging a session, it's just there seemed to be a time where if I didn't arrange a session then no one did and no Lix sessions took place so it kind of fell into place that I arranged them and people haven't had issues with it.

Also I have the worst availability out of everyone in the sessions I think, so that was another reason I was given the reins to arrange the sessions. A lot of people can play a lot of nights but I am only free 2 nights a week at most.

It should be noted though that if more sessions are arranged outside the ones I formally arrange, it might affect people turning up for the ones which myself and Simon attend and lower the player counts.

But to answer your question, anyone can arrange a Lix session :lix-wink:

Offline Silken Healer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2024, 11:39:56 pm »
I've been thinking that maybe I might as well organize my own sessions. Maybe once a week or so, maybe as an in-between between playing on IRC and the sessions you organize? Just a thought though, I don't want to get in the way and drive down the players that come to the sessions you organize or anything.

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2024, 02:35:16 am »
Go right ahead and do so. It's ok, I don't mind. The more people play Lix the better I say. Maybe I might be able to join the sessions you arrange even but it's a slim chance.

There's a chance that your sessions will probably attract less people than the arranged sessions but maybe the lower player counts would be good. Sometimes people prefer smaller groups, because the arranged sessions are where the chaos is and the highest player counts.

Offline Silken Healer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2024, 02:38:15 am »
By the way would you mind sending me the replays for this session I deleted them by mistake in a WinRAR accident.

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2024, 02:40:09 am »
Unfortunately I've already sorted the replays into folders so I have no way of getting them back into date order.

I always place my replays in folders so I have all the same maps in one folder. Makes it easier to study maps without having to find replays :lix-cool: