Author Topic: Miris Multiplayer levels  (Read 3143 times)

Offline Blitz

• Lix Level Maker
    • View Profile
Miris Multiplayer levels
« on: July 11, 2024, 10:37:30 am »
So my brother made a 2p lix level and asked me to post it because hes still too young i did it so if your interested you can play it
Blitzing Lix See ya later

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Miris Multiplayer levels
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2024, 11:46:57 pm »
Hi!

To translate to German, copypaste the post into: deepl.com

Rainbow Day looks really promising, with lots of fighting in the outside columns after crossing the middle. Thanks!

Why did you put the exit so high, with a steel wall in front? Do you expect people to climb up? Or do you expect people to build up? Building will be boring, and it's near-impossible because you give only 20 builders. Or do you want to make it a race map where you win if you climb one single lix? In this case, cut the overtime from 1:00 to zero (0:00).

Have you played Rainbow Day yourself? How do you usually win: By climbing or by building?

Try it after moving the exit down, e.g., into the lowest one-fourth of the height of the level. I'd keep the overtime at 1:00, but give 50 builders instead of 20. Do you like it better now? If you don't like it, you can always go back to the version you've attached to your first post.

I'm happy to merge Rainbow Day into the main Lix download after you've decided if the exit should be lower or not.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: July 13, 2024, 12:56:41 am by Simon »

Offline Blitz

• Lix Level Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2024, 08:54:50 am »
I asked my brother and he said that building was a the route, so I gave him more builder
I had given the map more Builders before but it was probably not in the posted version

also im sorry if the name of my new map has the name Miri because i didnĀ“t change it before i uploaded it
« Last Edit: July 13, 2024, 09:02:41 am by Blitz »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2024, 08:19:51 pm »
I had given the map more Builders

Your most recently attached version (Miri Multiplayer Level more builders.zip) still has 20 builders.

I can increase the builders to 50 myself. Although: With strong players, you'll always have saboteurs near your exit, and sabotage by removing terrain is easier than adding terrain. If you want to be really safe, let's increase the builders to 80.

I still warmly recommend: Lower the exits! Try it with the exits in the lower half of the level. I've attached a version of Rainbow Day with what I have in mind. This will avoid the dull building. I'm sure other players will like the map better with this shorter building section. This still has a building section where strong players will go all-out to sabotage.

What do you think? I believe others will like it better with the shorter building section.

-- Simon

Online Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2024, 02:00:19 am »
Because the map is going up, it will need to be less tedious like Simon has said. More builders can't really hurt this map.

It is very easy to destroy things rather than build things.

This map looks really good though other than that :lix-smile:

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2024, 03:39:49 am »
Love the use of my tiles :thumbsup:

Offline Blitz

• Lix Level Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2024, 07:53:04 am »
My brother thanks for all your feedback and he will use simons version.

And it is very strange that the sent level did not get the builders because when I play the map there are 50 builders but I will use the 80 builders over the 20

and Proxima you really had to see my brother's joy when he saw your tile set

Offline Blitz

• Lix Level Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2024, 08:19:21 am »
Oh and he also made a 4p version

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2024, 12:12:20 am »
Thanks! Happy to hear that you and your brothers like the shorter building section.

The 4-player version will be asymmetric, but that doesn't mean that it's imbalanced. On first sight, I can't tell if the top exit or bottom exit has an advantage. You've got a reasonable chance that it's pretty balanced!

If you and Miri agree, I'll include both maps (2-player and 4-player Rainbow Day) into the next Lix release. If it turns out imbalanced, we can always fix it later.

-- Simon

Offline Blitz

• Lix Level Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2024, 02:36:50 pm »
You have permission from miri to add them to the game

Offline Silken Healer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2024, 03:10:41 pm »
I like Rainbow Day very much :). I've played it lots in two-player multiplayer with Simon from IRC and in single-player. FYI, I noticed the lowest giant red block at the right was up to high by one, so Simon fixed that.