Author Topic: Forums too slow  (Read 2209 times)

Offline The64Watcher

• jr brony nerd
  • uhh tomato if you see this hi
    • View Profile
Forums too slow
« on: June 29, 2024, 11:22:06 pm »
i feel like the forums should be more active :lix-unsure: , im always used to fast paced scratch forum, and i feel like its just empty, like its a slow drone, so lets get more people in here :lix-blush:
i am the best rec roomie in the forums yall

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Re: Forums too slow
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2024, 08:09:20 pm »
i feel like the forums should be more active :lix-unsure: ... so lets get more people in here :lix-blush:

Good shout. What do you propose?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2024, 12:36:25 am by WillLem »

Offline The64Watcher

• jr brony nerd
  • uhh tomato if you see this hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2024, 10:09:45 pm »
one word, ADS.
i am the best rec roomie in the forums yall

Offline Silken Healer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2024, 04:22:15 pm »
No. Not every forum needs to be really fast paced. There are some faster paced forums and some slower paced forums. I like how the slower paced forums makes the culture feel more tight-knit. It's impossible to force a forum to change the culture, if the forum gets faster paced it'll just happen naturally.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2024, 01:03:21 am »
one word, ADS.

If you're suggesting adding ads to the forum, there's no reason that would achieve anything. It would mean the site pays for itself to some extent, at least if we assume people don't use adblockers (I suspect most visitors here are very much the kind of people who know how to, and probably do, use an adblocker, myself included) or whitelist this site (I suspect this would be 50/50 at best). People aren't going to say "oh, this site has ads, I'll post on it more!". Either it puts them off, or they don't care either way.

If you're suggesting advertising the site elsewhere - casual mentions on related sites, sure, but not much is going to be achieved by buying random Google Ad space and saying "hey come to Lemmings Forums". This is the kind of site that, if people are interested in, they'll find it. People advertise because they get a return on their investment - they might pay $50 for an ad slot, if the ad gets the attention of 100 people who each spend $5 on that site, the site has made a profit of $450. We're not selling anything; we don't make money from people coming to the site (and nor would I want to; I'll gladly accept donations to help cover the costs of running the site, but that's it, the site is not about making profit and never will be). It would be pointless for us to therefore spend money on ad space to try and get people to come.
My projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)
Non-Lemmings: Commander Keen: Galaxy Reimagined (a Commander Keen fangame)