Author Topic: [FEAT] Replay Edit dialog now has "Go To Replay Event" button/hotkeys  (Read 1413 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Clicking the button, or pressing [Enter], [Space], or double-clicking the replay event itself will skip the game to that replay event. Surrounding events are unaffected, and remain in the replay list so that other events can be subsequently skipped to.

Implemented in Commit 87af92086

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
In hindsight, this is such a natural feature. Well done implementing it first!

In August 2023, I wrote about such a feature in Implement Rewind to Last Assignment Like NL. I haven't gotten around to do it. Did you have new insights in the meantime?

What's your opinion about the exact physics update to which to jump? There are three candidates:
  • two updates before we see the assignment's effect, i.e., what kaywhyn wants and NL does.
  • the update before we see the assignment's effect, i.e., what Lix 0.10.23 and Loap do.
  • the update on which we see the assignment's effect.
Hard to say what's good. #1 feels unnatural during design, but kaywhyn likes it best. #2 feels logical during design, but it isn't necessarily the best. #3 has the advantage that we can use regular assignment highlighting to show what's going on, but we can't airclick anymore to erase the assignment.

-- Simon

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
What's your opinion about the exact physics update to which to jump?

EDIT: Tested this just now and it jumps to the frame before the assignment is made (so, option 2 in your list?)

Should it be any different? What are your reasons for wanting the 2 extra frames @kaywhyn?