Author Topic: Lemmings New Worlds  (Read 4051 times)

Offline Mobiethian

• Keep doing your thing!
    • View Profile
Lemmings New Worlds
« on: June 07, 2024, 10:51:16 am »
Welcome to Lemmings New Worlds! This is my second level pack now and it's all about using 92Dexter11's beautiful, new tileset only. I am really appreciative to have gotten permission to use these styles in this pack. Thank you, 92Dexter11! As soon as I saw the topic about Lemmings Faithful https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=6713.0 and the style release, I immediately jumped onto the opportunity to make a level pack of my own using those tiles/styles. There are 30 levels with difficulty ranging from easy to hard, 10 levels in each rank: Breezy, Windy, and Stormy. It wasn't my intention to make the levels extremely difficult, but you can determine that. It's different for everyone, I've found out. Also, I didn't want a large level pack, although, I may add onto this one later.

The level pack has been made with some difficulty in mind and doesn't entirely become progressively harder like most level packs, it's mixed. I believe that I have achieved some difficulty in this pack to a decent extent. There is often more than one way to get through certain levels. They all may not have reached the standards that some advanced players and experienced developers would expect. I apologize to you folks for this. Personally, I think the level pack contains many levels that are rather tough compared to my previous level pack.

Screenshots and Styles:

Autumn Style:

Circuit Style:

Mosaic Style:

Palace Style:

Rust Style:

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/y2rkbm9q2hnis6lvq1yn3/Lemmings-New-Worlds.rar?rlkey=2r1gprgmx8ca2anezioi3epco&st=46n49qhv&dl=1

Thank you again to 92Dexter11. Also, special thanks to kaywhyn for helping me to get this level pack completed by answering crucial questions that I've had for him again. Thank you to all playtesters and for your feedback!

Enjoy, folks!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2024, 03:21:32 pm by Mobiethian »
Level packs developed:

Lemmings Heritage
Lemmings New Worlds
Holiday Lemmings 2024 (with Armani, in development)

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings New Worlds
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2024, 02:43:09 pm »
Congrats on the release! :thumbsup: Once again, my pleasure on the help on answering your questions you had :)

One problem: Clicking the download link gives a "you can't access this item because it is in violation of our Terms of Service" error. My guess is the privacy settings of the link are incorrect? I checked with your Lemmings Heritage and I can download that pack of yours just fine.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline Mobiethian

• Keep doing your thing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2024, 02:57:19 pm »
One problem: Clicking the download link gives a "you can't access this item because it is in violation of our Terms of Service" error. My guess is the privacy settings of the link are incorrect? I checked with your Lemmings Heritage and I can download that pack of yours just fine.

It should hopefully fix itself after I had to have it reviewed. However, is there an alternate way to post the download directly onto here without using Google Drive?
Level packs developed:

Lemmings Heritage
Lemmings New Worlds

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2024, 03:02:31 pm »
It should hopefully fix itself after I had to have it reviewed. However, is there an alternate way to post the download directly onto here without using Google Drive?

A lot of members here (myself included) use Dropbox to host downloads.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline Mobiethian

• Keep doing your thing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2024, 03:10:15 pm »
A lot of members here (myself included) use Dropbox to host downloads.

Alrighty, I have an account there now and uploaded the download file. It's changed on the initial post and surely it'll work. Thank you! And thanks for the congrats! I've worked hard with what time I had.
Level packs developed:

Lemmings Heritage
Lemmings New Worlds

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2024, 03:17:07 pm »
Yup, it works now! :thumbsup:

Tip: Make sure to change the 0 at the end to a 1. In this way, it will automatically download for the user ;)

Offline ∫tan x dx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2024, 10:59:50 am »
Hi Mobiethian,

I've played through your levels, and I must say, this is a solid pack! Lots of interesting and beautiful levels here, making great use of the new tilesets!

I've attached my replays for this pack. I think some of them might be backroutes! :P

Nice one! :)

Offline Mobiethian

• Keep doing your thing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2024, 11:41:05 am »
Hi Mobiethian,

I've played through your levels, and I must say, this is a solid pack! Lots of interesting and beautiful levels here, making great use of the new tilesets!

I've attached my replays for this pack. I think some of them might be backroutes! :P

Nice one! :)

Thanks so very much for playing and attaching for the replays, I really enjoy watching them. Much appreciated feedback! :thumbsup:
Level packs developed:

Lemmings Heritage
Lemmings New Worlds

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2024, 12:31:51 pm »
For someone like myself who has taken a break from Lemmings for a while, this was a great pack to get back into it a little! :thumbsup:
Still easy enough for me to finish in one sitting, but not trivial - I prefer this much more to levels that leave the player too many degrees of freedom (such as most X-of-everything levels).

Replays are attached. I was positively surprised to find they are now being saved under the level names, even when playing the levels in the NeoLemmix player.
So far, this only happened whenever I played individual levels from within the NeoLemmix editor.
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline Mobiethian

• Keep doing your thing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2024, 05:31:21 pm »
Awesome! I really like watching replays, I'll start now. :) Thanks so much for playing!

Sounds like the levels were a relaxing experience for you, very good! :thumbsup: 8-)
Level packs developed:

Lemmings Heritage
Lemmings New Worlds

Offline Mobiethian

• Keep doing your thing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2024, 04:57:50 pm »
All replays were watched and enjoyed, thank you for those! 8-) Now.. we have a talented artist out there "Hello Mojo" and she loves this level pack! So, she has designed some artwork for me recently for it and I'd like to show them to the community.

If you remember, she did the same thing for me for Lemmings Heritage, my first level pack. I really love these! :thumbsup:

Level packs developed:

Lemmings Heritage
Lemmings New Worlds

Offline Mobiethian

• Keep doing your thing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2024, 12:53:22 am »
Lemmings New Worlds is receiving a huge update soon. It has actually already been started. Beginning with a major backroute fix in Level 1: Golden Hills, video spoiler:

I plan to put in a nice, new skill bar and doing a full menu customization. Other things will be changed in the level pack as well. Don't worry, Holiday Lemmings 2024 is still in development, and it's going very smoothly. 8-)

Level packs developed:

Lemmings Heritage
Lemmings New Worlds