Author Topic: Blitzs Multiplayer Levels  (Read 3674 times)

Offline Blitz

• Lix Level Maker
    • View Profile
Blitzs Multiplayer Levels
« on: May 31, 2024, 04:12:22 pm »
I made some Multiplayer Levels 2p 3p 4p and 5p Hope you like It.
Blitzing Lix See ya later

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Blitzs Multiplayer Levels
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2024, 08:46:41 pm »
Thanks!

Usually, going down is easier than going up. The players with hatches at the top are at an advantage. Are you okay with such an imbalance? It's your choice.

I recommend a darker background. The medium blue background clashes with the moons and with blue lix. I think a dark blue will go well with the moons.

In 5-player Sunny Day at the Beach, player E has to go to a hidden exit. Please make all the exits clearly visible. Also, player E has by far the easiest route: His exit is immediately near his hatch. Maybe enlarge the island in the sky with 5 players, to make everything less cramped?

I'll be happy to merge Sunny Day at the Beach if you address these concerns.

-- Simon

Offline Blitz

• Lix Level Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2024, 10:06:44 am »
I understand that and will try my best. I can't change the routes, but I will make all the exits visible.

And also what would be background color code? I Cant find any Good codes...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2024, 01:29:38 pm by Blitz »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2024, 02:30:21 pm »
A safe background color is: 0 red, 0x10 green, 0x40 or 0x50 blue. It's pretty dark, but everything will be clear.

Right, if you accept the imbalance and want to keep the routes as they are, that's okay. If you want to help the low-starting players a little against attacks from above, you can put steel below their hatches.

Thanks for making all exits clearly visible!

-- Simon

Offline Blitz

• Lix Level Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2024, 02:43:17 pm »
Thanks I Think Thats Fixed

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2024, 03:46:14 pm »
All right! Would you like me to put these levels in the next Lix release?

We have a few authors now who have only built one level per player count. I'll make a directory "other" for them. I'll put your 4 maps into the release here:

levels/network/2p/other/sunnydayatbeach2p.txt
levels/network/3p/other/sunnydayatbeach3p.txt
levels/network/4p/other/sunnydayatbeach4p.txt
levels/network/5p/other/sunnydayatbeach5p.txt

-- Simon

Offline Blitz

• Lix Level Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2024, 04:30:05 pm »
Yeah you can do that

Offline Blitz

• Lix Level Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2024, 07:29:59 am »
Hi, I made another map, this time in 2-player, 3-player, 4-player, 5-player, 6-player, 7-player, and 8-player formats. I hope you like it.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2024, 12:56:10 am »
Hi! I don't think Cage Rescue is ready for merging yet.

The biggest problem is the long and boring work in the cage. To release your crowd, you'll have to release all crowds with you. This encourages to let others do 100 % of the work in the big cage and save your builders.

There is also an imbalance with the exit positions because there are only two small holes to leave the cage. When your exit is under the middle of the steel cage, it's much harder to reach it. Maybe give everybody two exits, an easy one and a harder one? Or think of more ways to leave the cage. Or arrange the existing exits in other ways than a long row at the bottom. There are many possibilities to make the hard exits easier to reach.

When you only have a hard exit, it's extra bad on Cage Rescue because the map forces you to reach your exit it while you're releasing everybody else. If this is what the map should be about, make the cage shorter vertically, so we get to get to the interesting part of the match much sooner.

It's unnecessarily hard for the crowd to squeeze through the holes at the top. Beginners' builders will cancel near the top. Consider removing the entire ceiling of the cage.

Decorate the level! It needn't become art, but at least put a few more terrain pieces than only the plain steel rectangles.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: July 09, 2024, 01:02:48 am by Simon »

Offline Blitz

• Lix Level Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2024, 09:52:08 am »
its hard to understand because im german but i have two ideas to fix it i dont have time today but i try to do it sometime

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2024, 11:33:53 am »
its hard to understand because im german [...]

Tried to translate Simon's points into German. Simon is free to correct to fit his intentions.

Übersetzung von Simons Kommentar:
[Hi! Ich denke, Cage Rescue ist noch nicht soweit, übernommen zu werden.

Das größte Problem sind die langen und langweiligen Arbeiten im Käfig. Man muss alle anderen Lemmingansammlungen mitherauslassen, um die eigene rauszulassen. Das ist ein Anreiz, andere 100% der Arbeit im großen Käfig machen zu lassen und die eigenen Bauer einzusparen.

Auch die Exitpositionen sind nicht ausgewogen, weil nur zwei kleine Löcher vorhanden sind, um den Käfig zu verlassen. Wenn dein Exit unter der Mitte des Stahlkäfigs ist, ist es viel schwerer, ihn zu erreichen. Vielleicht sollte jedem zwei Exits gegeben werden, einer der leichter und einer der schwerer zu erreichen ist? Oder erwäge mehr Möglichkeiten, den Käfig zu verlassen. Oder ordne die vorhandenen Exits anders als in einer langen Reihe unten an. Es gibt viele Möglichkeiten, die schweren Exits leichter erreichbar zu machen.

Nur ein schwer zu erreichender Exit ist besonders problematisch in Cage Rescue, weil die Map dich zwingt, jeden anderen herauszulassen, wenn du deinen Exit erreichen willst. Wenn das die Intention hinter dem Level ist, solltest du den Käfig vertikal kürzen, sodass der interessante Teil des Matches schneller eintritt.

Die Lemmingansammlung durch die Löcher oben zu quetschen ist unnötig schwer. Typisch gesetzte Bauer von Beginnern werden nahe des oberen Randes aufhören. Erwäge, die ganze Käfigdecke zu entfernen.

Dekoriere den Level! Es muss kein Kunstwerk werden, aber platziere wenigstens ein bisschen mehr Terrain als nur die Stahlrechtecke.]

Offline Blitz

• Lix Level Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2024, 03:27:23 pm »
« Last Edit: July 18, 2024, 02:52:00 pm by Blitz »

Offline Blitz

• Lix Level Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2024, 03:02:37 pm »
is this better?

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2024, 12:07:17 am »
Now it's like Selective Rescue, except that it's imbalanced and longer.

You've removed the cage, which certainly had its problems (walls too high, nasty squeeze at the top), but it was the unique feature of your level.

What's the fundamental idea of your level? Why should we play it instead of, e.g., Selective Rescue, or Rescue Ranger Trolls? Is it the cage where you free at least one other team whenever you free yours? Example: For 5 players, you might put 5 cages, one for players A and B, one for players B and C, one for players C and D, one for players D and E, and the last one for players E and A. That would be something new that sets your map apart. And you can make such a map completely balanced, by placing the exits accordingly.

But it can also be something else, anything you like. You get to decide! Find an idea and let it be your inner light during map design.

No worries if you struggle with English sometimes. Keep it up! Lemmings Forums (or any English online community about your hobbies) is an excellent way to improve English over what one learns in school. It's how I've been improving my English for 20 years: Relentless reading about games on the internet, and writing posts in English web forums.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: July 18, 2024, 12:16:27 am by Simon »

Offline Blitz

• Lix Level Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2024, 02:50:02 pm »
My idea was to separate the players and I wanted to have small boxes like in selective rescue but I couldn't manage it with the box so I stuck with the idea and went with this.
I didn't want it to be like selective rescue and to be honest I forgot what my plan was when I reworked it :lix-mystery: