NeoLemmix V12.13.0-RC Released [RC3 update released]

Started by namida, May 16, 2024, 01:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericderkovits

In Willem's Willlem_special style he has a portal_in and portal_out (but the .nxmo in 12.12.5 has it as teleporter, but can be changed to portal in 12.13.0-RC)

also Willlem made a (De)neutralizer_revised in this post

https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=6430.msg101707#msg101707

which perhaps can be added (perhaps to the default objects folder)

namida

If the object is currently a teleporter, it should remain one IMO. However a name change to avoid confusion is a good idea; but that's up to WillLem as it's his style.
My projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)
Non-Lemmings: Commander Keen: Galaxy Reimagined (a Commander Keen fangame)

WillLem

Happy to change it to a Portal, I don't think anyone has used it yet. I definitely haven't

WillLem

Quote from: ericderkovits on August 05, 2024, 11:57:58 PM
In Willem's Willlem_special style he has a portal_in and portal_out (but the .nxmo in 12.12.5 has it as teleporter, but can be changed to portal in 12.13.0-RC)

Happy to change it to a Portal, I don't think anyone has used it yet. I definitely haven't.

EDIT: In fact, I'd much rather this object be a portal. I'll get an updated version of willlem_special sent across with this change implemented.

The (de)neutralizer objects will be added in due course, I'm still not 100% on the designs for these yet. Feel free to use them in the meantime though, because the chances are that the name, size and trigger position will all remain exactly as they are now. The number of frames might change, but that shouldn't affect their usage in a level AFAIK.

namida

QuoteThe number of frames might change, but that shouldn't affect their usage in a level AFAIK.

Correct - the frame count can safely be changed without breaking anything non-cosmetic (and probably not even that) on a deneutralizer.
My projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

ericderkovits

I've made some portals (blue and gold) as well as 2 versions of skill adders/removers (green for adders, red for removers).

Also a few months ago I made locked versions of the awesome, beast, beastii, menacing, genesis' dirt_md and exit_02.

I also now have the old formats jamie_techno exit added. (used the old gs_tool to get it)

And I added an alternate orig_crystal exit (also made a locked version) that was used in Superlemmini.

All these objects are in a new styles folder called eric_special posted here.

here are Gigalems new object levels using these new portals/skill adders/removers. also Willlem's (De)Neutralizers were used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj4mAReCKR8&list=PLZZlEJhdyoANvhoWROjxeNDdrMHUmqdMW&index=1

namida

Just checking in as to whether anyone is encountering bugs or other issues with RC3. Also, if anyone has further feedback on the sound effects for new objects.

Otherwise, I'd say it's about time to consider going stable.
My projects