Author Topic: The path going forward for the new objects  (Read 1310 times)

Online namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
The path going forward for the new objects
« on: May 15, 2024, 10:08:27 pm »
Given that not much interest is coming with them simply being in an experimental phase, and that it's desirable to move towards a release, I'm going to go ahead with the objects in their current state (and rely on "hopefully users will create the objects later"). If bugs arise, they can be fixed later (and an RC phase will still happen, of course). It's simply going to be over to the community to establish the standard on how they should look etc. Sounds can be changed in a later update if desired.

If I remember correctly there were a few remaining matters I needed to look at before going RC, but I'll no longer delay that on the basis of wanting more feedback for the new objects.

Just to be very clear, this is NOT saying "the new objects are not going to happen". They are. It's just saying I'm not going to hold things up any longer on the grounds of that there's still room for more feedback - the RC phase and 12.14 will be the avenues for addressing this if necessary.
My projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)
Non-Lemmings: Commander Keen: Galaxy Reimagined (a Commander Keen fangame)