[SUG][EDITOR] Timebomber countdown distance sketch/ruler

Started by WillLem, July 05, 2023, 06:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillLem

From this topic:

Quote from: GigaLem on July 05, 2023, 12:32:55 AM
a ruler (for the editor) on long timed bombers take to go down a number (this means one would apply to the various means of movement)

WillLem

I'm about 50/50 on this.

I like the idea that it could make creating Timebomber levels easier, but I wouldn't be in favour of such levels being so precise that the exact distance has to be measured in this way. With that said, the proposed Radiation/Slowfreeze objects do perhaps promote the need for this feature, so it probably will happen.

A countdown ruler would need to account for many different types of movement: Climbing, Sliding, Falling, Floating, Gliding, plus Walking horizontally and diagonally (Swimmers, I think, move at the same speed as Walkers).

So, if this feature is to go ahead, what do we think would be the best design for it?

WillLem

WillLem

Due to the lack of replies/interest in this idea, and the potential issues it creates vs. those it would solve, this one won't be going ahead. If anyone wants to revive the idea/contribute further to the discussion, PM me and I'll unlock the topic again.