Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] NeoLemmix Introduction Pack [Difficulty: Beginner]  (Read 31375 times)

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] NeoLemmix Introduction Pack [Difficulty: Beginner]
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2023, 09:24:16 pm »
The first one kaywhn [sic] mentioned here should already be covered by "Blockers Blindside".

Oh dear, typo of my username :( Regarding the first one covered, I guess it kind of does

The rest are noted down. ;)

:thumbsup:

@Kaywhyn:  You can use the second trick as well to avoid other Lemmings to climb up there.

Ah, you're right :thumbsup:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline chrisleec728

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2024, 08:41:38 pm »
Something I've been thinking about recently: Have you considered at least mentioning talismans, perhaps at the end of the "Objects & Functions" rank?

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2024, 02:47:21 pm »
Now that 12.13 stable is out, are there going to new levels covering the New Objects?

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2024, 06:16:58 pm »
Now that 12.13 stable is out, are there going to new levels covering the New Objects?

Of course! Patience! 12.13 has only been out for 1.5 weeks and you're already on Icho about this. Considering Icho's busy schedule, the levels will get made and done when they get made and done. Not only that, Icho will also need to send them to Armani and me for some pre-testing if he decides to go that route.

Along with the above, the structure needs to be determined. As there are 5 new objects, perhaps the following could work for the O&F rank?

- A level introducing both the skill-adder and skill-remover together. Currently the first level with pre-assigned pre-placed Lemmings is O&F 8. Perhaps there can be a level introducing hatches with pre-assigned permanent skills as well?

- A level introducing both the neutralizer and de-neutralizer together

- A level introducing the portal, though maybe it can be introduced alongside the teleporter as well? To show bi-directional vs one-directional, respectively, but if this isn't important then just a level with the new portal alone can work. First teleporter level is currently O&F 11

Also, O&F 5 is currently the first level with tileset mixing, but the following level, O&F 6, also has tileset mixing, but here it's more justified thanks to the lesson the latter teaches about one-time traps vs infinite traps. So, perhaps these two levels can swap in the order? Either way, perhaps a brief mention of tileset mixing in the pre-text for either level can be put in?

And of course some training levels will be needed with the new objects after their introduction levels. Again structure as to where they go in the pack to be determined.

Also something @chrisleec728 mentioned a while back, and I'm kind of in agreement with him here:

Something I've been thinking about recently: Have you considered at least mentioning talismans, perhaps at the end of the "Objects & Functions" rank?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline chrisleec728

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2024, 06:43:02 pm »
Of course! Patience! 12.13 has only been out for 1.5 weeks and you're already on Icho about this. Considering Icho's busy schedule, the levels will get made and done when they get made and done.

I don't really think it hurts to ask at least. I'm sure none of us expected it to happen right this second or even anytime soon, but some confirmation is still nice just to make sure.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2024, 07:52:06 pm »
In the case of the new objects:

1.) People need to get experience with them so I can indeed make good introduction levels showing their potential. Tricks and behaviors need to be discovered first!
2.) Very few tilesets actually got these objects right now. Waiting for more tilesets include fitting versions of them is very beneficial.
3.) After that, creating well designed and thought out levels takes time.

So all in all it will take quite a bit before a new version that includes the new objects comes out - but it is planned.

Regarding talismans: There could be a training level that introduces the concept and serves as general training at the same time.

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2024, 08:36:21 pm »
I don't really think it hurts to ask at least. I'm sure none of us expected it to happen right this second or even anytime soon, but some confirmation is still nice just to make sure.

It doesn't, but it has been spelled out in the OP that there will be levels on the new objects: :P

There will be switch ups in the level order in the future though as new skills/objects/tricks will be introduced. Therefore I recommend saving replays through the level name and not rank+position!

It was also explained by Icho off-site there'll be levels with the new objects.

In any case, see Icho's post above detailing the plan going forward